1. Use of Site
The Site and the Content are protected by U.S. and/or foreign copyright laws, and belong to Extended Care Clinical, LLC or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights in the Content are owned by Extended Care Clinical, LLC or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on the Site. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only you may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the Site.
You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the Site without permission from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
4. Links to Third-Party Web Sites
5. Linking to this Site
If you would like to link to the Site, you must follow Extended Care Clinical, LLC’s link guidelines. Unless specifically authorized by Extended Care Clinical, LLC, you may not connect “deep links” to the Site, i.e, create links to this site that bypass the home page or other parts of the Site. You may not mirror or frame the home page or any other pages of this Site on any other web site or web page.
6. Downloading Files
Extended Care Clinical, LLC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection by software viruses or other harmful computer code, files or programs.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
Extended Care Clinical, LLC MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT. Extended Care Clinical, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FURNISHED OR TO BE FURNISHED VIA THE SITE. Extended Care Clinical, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. Extended Care Clinical, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
8. Limitation of Liability
BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, Extended Care Clinical, LLC’s LIABILITY IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED $100.00.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Extended Care Clinical, LLC, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint venturers, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
Notice of Facility Privacy Practices
This notice is required by federal law and describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
One of our highest priorities is protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal health information, as required by law. As a normal part of your care and treatment, your personal health information is used and shared on a need to know basis for the following reasons:
- The coordination and planning of your health care with the many professionals involved in your care
- Referrals to another provider, such as a specialist, therapist, or hospital
- Determining coverage and obtaining payment from health plans, such as private insurance or Medicare or Medicaid
- Assessing our practices, improving our care and conducting training programs for the staff involved in your care
- Operational activities designed to maintain the required accreditation, certification, licensing and credentialing
- To help our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other consultants maintain and improve our overall operations and delivery of care
- Requests from or referrals to public health authorities, government oversight agencies, law enforcement agencies, the courts, coroners, or a funeral home, to the extent required by law.
- Notification and communication with your family members or your personal representative, unless you object
By using this website, you are acknowledging that you understand and consent to the above uses of your personal information as a normal part of your care and treatment. If there is a specific area you object to, there is a space to record those objections and we will make reasonable attempts to accommodate, to the extent the law allows us.
We will NOT release or disclose your personal health information for any other uses without your specific written authorization, which you may revoke at any time. Among the circumstances where your information will NOT be released without your knowledge and specific written authorization are:
- Research information unrelated to treatment
- Psychotherapy notes containing private conversations
- Disclosure of your information to other companies for the purpose of marketing products or services to you
- Fundraising purposes
Your Health Information Rights
- Although your health record is the physical property of the nursing facility, the information in your health record belongs to you.
- You may request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. We will attempt to accommodate if we can; however, when it relates to your treatment or billing for care provided, we are not required to agree to the restriction.
- You may request to inspect your health records and obtain copies for a reasonable copying fee. If you request your records be sent somewhere else, we cannot ensure their privacy if we do not have a privacy agreement with that agency. You may also request written copies of electronic transmissions.
- You may request in writing that we correct a medical record if you feel the record is incorrect or information is missing.
- You may request a listing of the times we disclosed your health information to outside parties with your authorization.
- You may revoke in writing any prior written authorizations you made to disclose health information.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy rights or feel your privacy rights have been violated, ask to speak with the facility’s privacy officer. Contacting the privacy officer will in no way diminish the quality of care or services you receive at our facility. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
The administrator of your facility is your privacy officer.
If any terms of this notice change, we will provide a revised notice to all residents. In compliance with federal law, this notice is in effect as of January 1, 2003.
Protecting your privacy is a matter of great importance to Extended Care Clinical, LLC. Information we obtain and information you voluntarily provide to us through the use of this website will never be sold. We may use it to provide you with information we believe may be of interest to you, and we may share the information with third parties who provide services to us. At your request, we will remove from our files any contact information you provided. If you use our website to reach any of our specific software applications, additional policies may apply. We reserve the right to update this policy without notice.
This website contains links to external websites not owned by us. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for the privacy policies or practices or the content of other sites.
In order to respect the privacy of minors, this we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or process personal information online from anyone under the age of 18 years old.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to protect the information we collect online. We do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that this website will eliminate all potential for loss, corruption, viruses, malware, hacking, or other security breaches.
11. User Conduct
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the Site, render the Site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the Site or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
12. Password Security
If you register to become a extendedcarellc.com member, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member identification and password information, and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your member identification and password.
13. General Provisions
b. Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies. The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Extended Care Clinical, LLC, therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. Extended Care Clinical, LLC does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
d. Claims of Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Extended Care Clinical, LLC using the contact information provided on our website.